Dr. Petros Bountogiannis is a Trauma and Orthopaedics Surgeon based in Athens. He is a graduate of the Military School of Combat Support Officers and the Medical School AUTH (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki). He specialized in surgical and non-surgical treatment of the entire spectrum of Orthopaedic Diseases at KAT Attica General Hospital but also in two UK NHS hospitals (Addenbrookes Hospital and Hinchingbrooke Hospital).
He is one of the very few surgeons in Greece who specializes in trauma surgery, fractures, and challenges of the Pelvic Ring and Acetabulum. After receiving his specialty title he was trained as a Senior Fellow in Pelvic Ring fractures at Hull Royal Infirmary in the UK. He has performed numerous hip and knee arthroplasty surgeries with newer and minimally invasive surgical procedures and rehabilitation protocols. Evaluation of the painful arthroplasty, arthroscopic knee surgery, ligament repair, sports injuries, and fractures fixation and treatment are just a few of the procedures he often performs.
He is a clinical associate at Iatriko Kentro Athinon in Maroussi and Metropolitan General Hospital in Cholargos. During his training, he attended numerous educational seminars and conferences on pelvic & hip surgery. Finally, it is worth mentioning that after his completion of training and fellowship, he started working as a Trauma and Orthopaedics Consultant at 251 Hellenic Airforce Hospital in Athens. In his private practice, he treats a wide range of orthopaedic cases providing high-quality health services that are up to the standards of the British health system, always with respect to the patient’s particularities, personality, and of course dignity.
Graduate of the Military School of Combat Support Officers and the Medical School AUTH (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).
- Private office
- Clinical associate at Iatriko Kentro Athinon in Maroussi
- Clinical associate at Metropolitan General Hospital in Cholargos
- After the completion of his training and fellowship, he started working as a Trauma and Orthopaedics Consultant at 251 Hellenic Airforce Hospital
- Orthopaedic Specialty at KAT Attica General Hospital, Addenbrookes Hospital, and Hinchingbrooke Hospital in the UK
- Specializes in Pelvic Ring fractures at Hull Royal Infirmary in the UK
- Member of the General Medical Council (GCM) of Great Britain
- Member of the Medical Association of Athens
Participation in medical Conferences
Attending educational seminars and conferences in pelvic and hip surgery.